False Dawn è una campagna SP di un oretta circa, che continua la storia dopo il termine di Quake IV, coinvolgento il marine parzialmente stroggificato in nuove avventure:
False Dawn is set a number of years after the events of Quake 4, where you assume the role of the best of a new breed of soldier, the Stroggified Marine. You can go where no regular human can and have been called upon to save humanity from the threat of a mysterious new super weapon developed by the vicious Strogg!
Some key features include:
- Modern Visual Fidelity: Powered by purpose built version of the immensely popular Sikkmod. False Dawn brings Quake 4 into 2014 with contemporary visual effects techniques designed specifically for the mod.
- Meaningful Story: Get engrossed in a plot to destroy humanity that is not as black and white as it may first appear.
- Full Voice acting: The player is guided by their helpful Commanding Officer General Nokes. However, for an unknown reason the player also seems to intercept transmissions between a duo of powerful Strogg's that are clearly not meant for human ears.
- New Health system: Use Stroyent, The Stroggs own energy source against them!
- New Weapon Damage system: Machineguns/Shotguns might decimate soft, fleshy targets, but you will need something more powerful to penetrate the armor of the very well equipped Strogg Forces!
- Guided Non-Linear Gameplay: You have multiple objectives to complete, in whatever order you want. Change the enemies and hazards you will face based on which objectives you complete.